Here is the bulletin for Friday, 13 March.
Carlos asks that we practise ‘The Peacemakers’ from movement no. 13 onwards. He asks that we particularly pay attention to rhythm and pronunciation.
Tickets sales and publicity:
Sales are going well but don’t let the publicity effort slacken.
The program for our August concert is posted on our website link.
We have moved to the big upper hall for our rehearsals.
A beautiful concert on Sunday, 29 March at 3.00pm at Ryde Civic Centre. All the details on our website.
The Corona Virus:
This is what I said to the Choir yesterday about the current situation:
The Committee met on Tuesday this week and obviously we discussed the current Coronavirus situation. Since then I have received an email from Meg Vaughan who as you know is a GP, outlining her concern about the situation. She is attending a Covid19 meeting tonight and I will talk to her tomorrow.
This is our position on the matter as it stands now:
We will continue business as usual unless instructed or advised otherwise
I have undertaken to monitor the situation continuously and have the means to contact all of you and all those who bought tickets to the concert promptly, should the situation change.
There are official, informative state and commonwealth governments websites. See websites below.
For now, let’s act not with panic but sensibly and prudently. There are precautions that we can and should take. Advice on washing hands, sneezing and coughing etiquettes and so on are common sense and are well outlined on the websites I referred to.
So if you are well – continue coming to rehearsals.
But above all I ask that if you don’t feel well do not come to rehearsals and please let me know. Also, if you decide not to attend rehearsals because of the virus even if you are well, I understand, but please let me know. Clearly the Committee’s ability to assess the situation and act upon it depends to a great extent on your response to it.
Commonwealth Government website: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov