Hello Choir, from Richard in Naomi’s absence.
Here is the Bulletin for Friday April 20th.
Many thanks to Jim for standing in for Carlos last night and for working us so hard yet so effectively in those parts where the notes needed attention.
Homework: As last week, everything! Especially:
- Check all the notes in the Regina Coeli.
- For all pieces, practice the tricky runs slowly, note by note, gradually getting faster until you can sing them accurately at full speed.
- Learn the starts, key entries and ends of each piece off by heart so that you can WATCH CARLOS!
House Full: All tickets for May 5th have been sold. It’s great that we will be singing to a full house, but disappointing that a number of people who wanted to hear us will not be able to do so. Some time ago the Committee investigated the possibility of a second performance, but sadly the logistics – availability of venue, soloists, orchestra etc – proved impossible.
Entertainment Books. May has the Sydney books on sale for $70. They are great value, with some really worthwhile discounts on offer for cultural, dining and other activities. And each sale generates $15 for the Choir. So why not buy one?
A reminder of rehearsals leading up to the concert:
- Thursday April 26, 7.30pm prompt at CPPS, rehearsal with the soloists.
- Wednesday May 2nd, 7.30 prompt in the large hall at CPPS, rehearsal with the orchestra.
- Thursday May 3rd, 7.00pm at the Cardinal Cerretti Chapel, final rehearsal. Please be there at 6.30pm to help erect the risers and for a pre-rehearsal warm-up.
That’s all for this week. Naomi returns at the weekend and will be back next week.